Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rajini sir is a catalyst in my career, Shreya

Rajini sir is a catalyst in my career, ShreyaThe Sivaji effect hasn’t worn off yet. And if its heroine, Shriya is lapping up major international projects, she admits the Rajnikanth starrer has played catalyst in fetching her the plummest of projects. After wrapping up The Other End of the Line with Jesse Metcalfe, she has now been signed by none other than Deepa Mehta. Titled What’s Cooking, the film has been written and produced by Deepa Mehta.  So while she’s done a hardcore commercial film like Sivaji down south, up north, Shriya’s going global with crossover films. “I won’t deny that Sivaji had a huge role in getting me all these films. Even the Amritrajs approached me because they had heard so much about Sivaji. So did Deepa. I’m glad that opportunities of different kinds are coming my way. And I’m really not hassled about doing commercial films one day and doing crossover the next — it’s all about acting ultimately, right?” asks the actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment