Sunday, August 9, 2009

She didnt know that she was sexy

She didnt know that she was sexy
Shes currently shooting for Mani Ratnams bilingual film Ravan/Ashokavanam, but its her appearance in an item number in Nagarjunas King that has got people talking about Priya Manis sexy looks. After all, shes who audiences found most interesting in the song sequence that featured seven other beauties, including Trisha, Anushka, Genelia, Mamtha Mohandas, Charmee and Sneha Ullal. Tell her that and she sounds surprised, "Is it? I didnt know I was sexy. I do put in a lot of effort to look good on screen. But yes, that statement has made my day."  And if taking the glam route for a song wasnt enough, Priya Mani has taken the sex quotient a step further by wearing a swimsuit in her next film, Drona. The film sees the National Award-winning actress pairing up with Nitin, who has had a spate of flops recently. Is the swimsuit a part of trying to give Nitins career a much-needed boost? "One swimsuit sequence cannot ensure a hit. The scene is in a dream song and I had to jump into a pool. Obviously, I cant jump into water wearing a saree," she says.  Ask her about working with Mani Ratnam and shes all excited. "Its been great. I just started shooting two days ago in Orchha, Madhya Pradesh, in misty weather. Im lucky to work with Mani sir at an early stage in my career. Its every actors dream and I am living it," she says. In Ashokavanam, she also co-stars with Prithviraj. The duo has already worked together in several movies and rumour mills have been on overdrive about the two being more than just co-stars. "Theres nothing brewing between us. He was my first Malayalam co-star. Our association dates back to well over 5-6 years. And my mother and his mother are batchmates," Priya clarifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment